APAC Carriers Soar with 9% Carriers Having a Rating of 4.0 or Higher
MARCH 11, 2021: Even as airlines continue to struggle in the light of COVID-19, the need of the hour is to streamline passenger-centric COVID-19 safety and health protocols worldwide.
Initiatives of 102 airlines were evaluated across Asia Pacific (APAC), out of which 9 airlines scored a Safe Travel Score of 4.0 or above – the highest ratio worldwide. Each airline is undertaking varied operational strategies to adjust to the new market realities.
Air China and Vistara are the top APAC full-service carriers with a Safe Travel Score of 4.1 out of 5 each. Vistara was at heels with Air China on the January 2021 leaderboard with a Safe Travel Score of 4.0 through various initiatives over the month it took the leap to a score of 4.1 on the February leaderboard. AirAsia and IndiGo lead the LCC leaderboard with a Safe Travel Score of 4.0 each.
Safe Travel Score, Asia Pacific Full-Service Carriers, February 2021
|Full-Service Carriers||Country||Safe Travel Score*|
|Cathay Pacific||Hong Kong||4.0|
|China Southern Airlines||China||4.0|
|All Nippon Airways||Japan||4.0|
|Korean Air||South Korea||3.9|
Safe Travel Score, Asia Pacific Low-Cost Carriers, February 2021
|Low-Cost Carriers||Country||Safe Travel Score*|
|JEJU air||South Korea||3.9|
NOTES AND DISCLAIMER:
- * Safe Travel Score for airlines is a rating initiative based on an independent assessment of more than 32 initiatives applicable to an air journey, across pre-boarding, boarding and onboard experiences, announced by airlines.
- Safe Travel Score takes into consideration various initiatives announced by suppliers. These are sub-categorized into the following:
- COVID-19 Safety Protocols
- Traveler Convenience
- Service Excellence
- Low ratings may not always be reflective of poor initiatives, but also the lack of clear or available information on supplier websites, related official channels.
- Safe Travel Score should not be associated with the relative physical or psychological safety of the traveler.
About Safe Travel Barometer:
Safe Travel Barometer is travel technology solution, developed by Safe Travel Technologies. It is the world’s most comprehensive solution of COVID-19 health and safety protocols, and traveler experience initiatives announced by suppliers which influences traveler decisions in the new normal. The coverage includes more than 2,000 companies across 10 industry categories, 100 parameters, and traveler arrival information on more than 150 destinations.
Safe Travel Technologies is an independent subsidiary of VIDEC, a travel industry advisory and consulting firm.
Visit www.safetravelbarometer.com for more information on Safe Travel Score, explore other travel industry categories, countries of interest, and partnership enquiries.
For more information, please contact:
Head – Marketing, Safe Travel Barometer