Among the 51 airlines assessed in North America 5% airlines have a rating of 4.0 or above
MARCH 11, 2021: Even as airlines continue to struggle in the light of COVID-19, the need of the hour is to streamline passenger-centric COVID-19 safety and health protocols worldwide.
Delta Air Lines emerged as the leading full-service airline in North America with a Safe Travel Score of 4.3 out of 5 in February 2021. The airline’s pro-traveler health and safety initiatives also propelled it to the fourth position on the global airline leaderboard. Air Canada follows in line with a Safe Travel Score of 4.0 out of 5.0 during the same month.
Among low-cost carriers (LCCs), Southwest Airlines leads the baton in North America with a Safe Travel Score of 4.0, and earns top spot on the global LCCs leaderboard. Other major LCCs on the North American leaderboard feature JetBlue (3.9) and Allegiant (3.7).
Safe Travel Score, North American Full-Service Carriers, February 2021
Safe Travel Score*
Delta Air Lines
Safe Travel Score, North American Low-Cost Carriers, February 2021
Safe Travel Score*
To know more, check out the Safe Travel Barometer Dashboard for Airlines
NOTES AND DISCLAIMER:
- * Safe Travel Score for airlines is a rating initiative based on an independent assessment of more than 32 initiatives applicable to an air journey, across pre-boarding, boarding and onboard experiences, announced by airlines.
- Safe Travel Score takes into consideration various initiatives announced by suppliers. These are sub-categorized into the following:
- COVID-19 Safety Protocols
- Traveler Convenience
- Service Excellence
- Low ratings may not always be reflective of poor initiatives, but also the lack of clear or available information on supplier websites, related official channels.
- Safe Travel Score should not be associated with the relative physical or psychological safety of the traveler.
About Safe Travel Barometer:
Safe Travel Barometer is travel technology solution, developed by Safe Travel Technologies. It is the world’s most comprehensive solution of COVID-19 health and safety protocols, and traveler experience initiatives announced by suppliers which influences traveler decisions in the new normal. The coverage includes more than 2,000 companies across 10 industry categories, 100 parameters, and traveler arrival information on more than 150 destinations.
Safe Travel Technologies is an independent subsidiary of VIDEC, a travel industry advisory and consulting firm.
Visit www.safetravelbarometer.com for more information on Safe Travel Score, explore other travel industry categories, countries of interest, and partnership enquiries.
For more information, please contact:
Head – Marketing, Safe Travel Barometer