11 Mar LUFTHANSA, IBERIA LEADS SAFE TRAVEL SCORE AMONG EUROPEAN CARRIERS
Ryanair Tops the Low-Cost Carrier Leaderboard
MARCH 11, 2021: Even as airlines continue to struggle in the light of COVID-19, the need of the hour is to streamline passenger-centric COVID-19 safety and health protocols worldwide.
Publicly announced initiatives of 94 European airlines were assessed by Safe Travel Barometer in February 2021. Among the European full-service carriers Lufthansa, Iberia and Virgin Atlantic are the only three carriers to earn a Safe Travel Score of 4.0 and above. European carriers are among the lowest in the leaderboard across regions.
Safe Travel Score, Europe Full-Service Carriers, February 2021
Safe Travel Score*
TAP Air Portugal
Safe Travel Score, Europe Low-Cost Carriers, February 2021
Safe Travel Score*
Air Europa Express
NOTES AND DISCLAIMER:
- * Safe Travel Score for airlines is a rating initiative based on an independent assessment of more than 32 initiatives applicable to an air journey, across pre-boarding, boarding and onboard experiences, announced by airlines.
- Safe Travel Score takes into consideration various initiatives announced by suppliers. These are sub-categorized into the following:
- COVID-19 Safety Protocols
- Traveler Convenience
- Service Excellence
- Low ratings may not always be reflective of poor initiatives, but also the lack of clear or available information on supplier websites, related official channels.
- Safe Travel Score should not be associated with the relative physical or psychological safety of the traveler.
About Safe Travel Barometer:
Safe Travel Barometer is travel technology solution, developed by Safe Travel Technologies. It is the world’s most comprehensive solution of COVID-19 health and safety protocols, and traveler experience initiatives announced by suppliers which influences traveler decisions in the new normal. The coverage includes more than 2,000 companies across 10 industry categories, 100 parameters, and traveler arrival information on more than 150 destinations.
Safe Travel Technologies is an independent subsidiary of VIDEC, a travel industry advisory and consulting firm.
Visit www.safetravelbarometer.com for more information on Safe Travel Score, explore other travel industry categories, countries of interest, and partnership enquiries.
For more information, please contact:
Head – Marketing, Safe Travel Barometer