Qatar Airways, Emirates, Etihad Airways Top Three Carriers Globally with a Safe Travel Score of 4.3 and above out of 5.0
MARCH 11, 2021: Even as airlines continue to struggle in the light of COVID-19, the need of the hour is to streamline passenger-centric COVID-19 safety and health protocols worldwide.
Qatar Airways was rated the best among 319 airlines evaluated by Safe Travel Barometer in February 2021. Specifically, publicly announced initiatives of 59 airlines from the Middle East and Africa region were assessed, of which 7% had a Safe Travel Score of 4.0 or above.
Among low-cost carriers, Sharjah-based Air Arabia topped the leaderboard, but was tied alongside Flydubai, Anadolu, and Air Arabia’s Maroc and Egpyt subsidiaries. Each of these airlines achieved a rating of 3.6 out of 5.
Safe Travel Score, Middle East-Africa Full-Service Carriers, February 2021
Safe Travel Score*
Safe Travel Score, Middle East-Africa Low-Cost Carriers, February 2021
Safe Travel Score*
|Air Arabia Maroc||Morocco|
Air Arabia Egypt
|Wizz Air Abu Dhabi||U.A.E|
To know more, check out the Safe Travel Barometer Dashboard for Airlines
NOTES AND DISCLAIMER:
- * Safe Travel Score for airlines is a rating initiative based on an independent assessment of more than 32 initiatives applicable to an air journey, across pre-boarding, boarding and onboard experiences, announced by airlines.
- Safe Travel Score takes into consideration various initiatives announced by suppliers. These are sub-categorized into the following:
- COVID-19 Safety Protocols
- Traveler Convenience
- Service Excellence
- Low ratings may not always be reflective of poor initiatives, but also the lack of clear or available information on supplier websites, related official channels.
- Safe Travel Score should not be associated with the relative physical or psychological safety of the traveler.
About Safe Travel Barometer:
Safe Travel Barometer is travel technology solution, developed by Safe Travel Technologies. It is the world’s most comprehensive solution of COVID-19 health and safety protocols, and traveler experience initiatives announced by suppliers which influences traveler decisions in the new normal. The coverage includes more than 2,000 companies across 10 industry categories, 100 parameters, and traveler arrival information on more than 150 destinations.
Safe Travel Technologies is an independent subsidiary of VIDEC, a travel industry advisory and consulting firm.
Visit www.safetravelbarometer.com for more information on Safe Travel Score, explore other travel industry categories, countries of interest, and partnership enquiries.
For more information, please contact:
Head – Marketing, Safe Travel Barometer