Only Three European Airlines Rated 4.0 or Higher, Among the Lowest Across Regions
May 24, 2021: Germany’s Lufthansa and Spain’s Iberia maintain their high scores across Europe, and more specifically among full-service carriers with a Safe Travel Score of 4.1 each in April 2021. Among European full-service carriers, U.K.’s Virgin Atlantic achieved a Safe Travel Score of 4.0 followed by British Airways and Rossiya Airlines with a score of 3.9 each.
Safe Travel Score, Europe Airlines, April 2021
|Full-Service Carriers||Country||Safe Travel Score*|
|Low-Cost Carriers||Country||Safe Travel Score*|
|British Airways||U.K.||3.9||Air Baltic||Latvia||3.5|
|Rossiya Airlines||Russia||3.9||French Bee||France||3.4|
|Aeroflot Airlines||Russia||3.8||Transavia France||France||3.4|
|Air France||France||3.8||Iberia Express||Spain||3.3|
|Austrian Airlines||Austria||3.7||Binter Canarias||Spain||3.2|
|TAP Air Portugal||Portugal||3.7||Wizz Air||Hungary||3.1|
To know more, check out the Safe Travel Barometer Dashboard for Airlines
NOTES AND DISCLAIMER:
- * Safe Travel Score for airlines is a rating initiative based on an independent assessment of more than 33 initiatives applicable to an air journey, across pre-boarding, boarding and onboard experiences, announced by airlines.
- Safe Travel Score takes into consideration various initiatives announced by suppliers. These are sub-categorized into the following:
- COVID-19 Safety Protocols
- Traveler Convenience
- Service Excellence
- Low ratings may not always be reflective of poor initiatives, but also the lack of clear or available information on supplier websites, related official channels.
- Safe Travel Score should not be associated with the relative physical or psychological safety of the traveler.
ABOUT SAFE TRAVEL BAROMETER:
Safe Travel Barometer, developed by Safe Travel Technologies, is travel technology solution operating at the intersection of travel and health security compliance. Its primary offering is Traveler Health Screening, an AI-based SaaS solution that enables suppliers to pre-screen travelers’ health documentation and ensures compliance with destination arrival and health security protocols.
Safe Travel Barometer’s Content API allows retailers to track COVID-19 health and safety protocols, and traveler experience initiatives announced by suppliers which influences traveler decisions in the new normal. The API coverage includes more than 2,000 companies across 10 industry categories, 100 parameters, and traveler arrival information on more than 150 destinations.
Safe Travel Technologies is an independent subsidiary of VIDEC, a travel industry advisory and consulting firm.
Visit www.safetravelbarometer.com for more information on Safe Travel Score, explore other travel industry categories, countries of interest, and partnership enquiries.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Head – Marketing, Safe Travel Barometer